Monday, June 21, 2010

Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Ok well yes my new companion is from the US! Wow that was a surprise to me because I am still learning espanish, hehe Spanish. But wow it is time to get serious about learning this language for my self. I don´t have a native to translate for me, haha. But Hermana Dalton is Awesome!!! She is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Wow I can´t spell in English. But yes we are getting used to each other. Wow I am so used to speaking only Spanish with my companion, so at first I couldn´t speak to her in English and I don´t want to get used to speaking in English but it is so nice too!!

I can not believe how much we are alike. She studied art in school, likes running, and ran a year of cross-country in her university. She lives close to the Hersey´s factory in Pennsylvania just like we did before the only other Hersey´s factory in the US was moved from Oakdale to Mexico. It is just way crazy the things we keep finding. I also can´t believe how much she looks like and reminds me of Katie. Oooo ya, this is crazy, her name is Katie Dalton and my cousin's name, Katie Colton. What a crazy random happenstance.

This week was loooooooong.... In reality I felt like a Senior Companion for a week. Because I had to show her where everything was, who were are investigators, and just what it is like here in David. It is very different here than in the city where Hermana Dalton just served. All the members, investigators, and the town wanted to talk to me instead of her because they know me, but she is the Senior. Man it was a lot of work. I don´t think I want to be a Senior for awhile. But like I said things are better. Hermana Dalton is used to things now and is ready to be the leader. I don´t know, but I think it this is hard for her too because this is her first time as the Senior, in a new area, with a greeeeeenga (me) hehe.

Man things are changing like crazy at home (We told her that our Stake Presidency has changed). I think I have to call the Mission President to let him know of the changes in the Stake Presidency. We are getting our new Mission President soon too!!!! Can´t wait.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY late FATHER'S DAY!!!!!! Dad I sent a letter home with a little something but I hope it came or is coming!!!!!

Wow today is the first day of Summer in the US!!! Say hi to all the gang! I still can´t believe I have been here this long, 5 months.

Ooooo I almost forgot! Hermana Brewster came to my Zone!!! Hermana Brewster from the MTC. We came here together!!!!!!! Awesomeness! We were just sooo excited like seeing a ghost or angel, hehe. It is crazy how different our mission experiences have been so far but we are here together again!!!!!

Well I love you guys, Take care!

chao,

Hermana Ochs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment