Monday, June 6, 2011

Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Woooo-whooo! This week was awesome!! We went to work challenging investigators to Baptismal dates!!! We challenged 5 of our investigators and two of them excepted!!!! Brunilda and her daughter Cielo (in Spanish that means heaven). We were super duper happy and they have come two Sundays in a row!!! Hurray for Bruni and Cielo!!

Yes and I gave my testimony this Fast Sunday too! My comp went up and because we are a family I needed to also. Actually I wanted to anyways. Yep it is pretty cool this week.

The ward is having a Rescue week. The members are supposed to go out to find and visit 200 menos activios and invite them to come back to church. This call for a Rescue week came from the Prophet Thomas S Monson, cool huh. I hope that they can meet the goal. It really would be awesome!!! It will also be a sacrifice because this is vacation week for all the kids. I think sometimes, “man, I don't know if I would have done this back when I was their age and on vacation.”

Wow, I am pretty jealous of the beach adventure Johnny had.....we don´t really get to go to places like that. But we did go to the little waterfall jungle hike place. Here is a picture of me when I had to go check out a cool hill on the way there. I had a good soaking my feet and relaxing time. I don´t know what we are doing today but I am hoping to do something fun to get a little de-stresser.

Yes, it was sad but the Baptism date with Jose fell through. But we have got to find him and his Mom to see if we can still save it.

As for me and Hermana Torres, we are on a spiritual high just going and working and always praying for the help of God. I have been studying in Mormon and Ether. These are sad but awesome chapters! They talk so much about how those that follow God will be blessed in the land and those that don´t will be destroyed, ooooaaaa. But most of all that the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the church will bring light to the World, and that the person or persons that do this work need to have the mira puesta únicamente en la Gloria de Dios (an eye single to the Glory of God). Sorry I can´t think of the translation and it doesn´t sound as cool in English, haha. Something like the vision only in the Glory of God, haha. Well, may we all work in the Glory of God , to praise him on high and bow to his Son, our Lord and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Love you guys so so much. I hope work is going well and that you are enjoying yourselves. I am glad to hear how much God has and is blessing you guys.

Lots of Love,

Hermana Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment