Wednesday, March 17, 2010

17 Mar 10 letter


Dear Padres,
Dad
, I want you to do a little jig like this guy. I love you guys. Man I had a great P-Day. I wrote a lot of people, got to email you guys, had an awesome time at the Temple with our whole district and had an Apostle of the Lord come and address all us missionaries. We were all super excited when the music director mentioned "you know that we all stand if an Apostle of the Lord enters the room." We were "Wow, that might mean there is one coming!" Then the Mission President got up and said "you told them, right?", still not telling us for sure or who. So guess who walked in...Elder Quentin L. Cook. We all stood up!...on our tip toes. I can tell you that he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. He knows our Savior. He told us that when they have their Temple meeting on Thursday they will go around the table reporting back on what they did for the week. He said that all the other Apostles were going to be jealous and ask how he got so lucky to talk to us missionaries. I know that the Apostles of the church loves us very much. He talked about how this is an incredible time to be doing missionary work. People are humbled and being humbled under the current circumstances. It is our responsibility to figure out how to feed his sheep, invite others to make commitments and repent!

President Smith told us about this protester who was outside the MTC today. This man is payed to come all the way from England to come stand outside the MTC and protest against the church. President Smith just told us not to worry or do anything. When we went to the Temple this morning we just walked by him but I started humming "Praise to the Man". After we all passed this man the Elders started sing the same song. It was great.


I hope your St. Patty's was great! I shared my gold coins and shamrocks with my district. Man, every day now is our last here! I need to fulfill my purpose here. Panama is going to be way totally awesome. I just can't wait to see what is looks and feels like in Panama. It has really been great weather here in Utah lately but there it's going to be tropical. I haven't felt that in a while. Land of eternal summer! I am excited to see the Temple there and Elder Niendorf and just all the new things.

Love you, love you, love you, mi Irish familia!


Con Amor, Espero ustedes tener Serte,

Hermana Ochs

1 comment:

  1. Wow lil rachel! Looks like things are going quite well for you! Keep writing! 8D

    Ben Hopp

    ReplyDelete