Tuesday, March 9, 2010

9 Mar 10 letter

Dear Madre y Padre,

Today was crazy! I was writing this great email and I lost track of time. I didn't send it in time and the computer kicked me out. So the email was lost and I didn't get to send it. So hopefully I will remember all the things I wrote in the email in this letter

So I love it here and don't want to leave and I do, all at the same time. Only two more weeks! Crazy!

So we had a Zone Conference where we talked about Faith in Christ. A scripture that hit me was in D&C 97:8 “Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice—yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command—they are accepted of me.” The parts about being honest, broken and contrite spirits spoke strongly to me. But most of all the “willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice“ made me think. The teacher had told us that we all have things to sacrifice. So I thought, “Wow, what have I not sacrificed yet?” I know that if we will remove those distractions that prevent us from serving the Lord that he will bless us. I am looking for those things big or small that I can sacrifice to the Lord so that I can be a more faithful servant. I am called to serve my Savior with all my heart, might, mind and strength! So the Zone Conference was awesome tambien.

Our teachers have been talking to us about making the most of our time here at the MTC. Some of the new missionaries have had some trouble with using their time wisely. Us old missionaries were asked to be good examples to them. The teachers are telling us that if can't learn to do the best with the time that we are given here in the MTC, it is going to be a lot harder when we get out into the field. Haha Brother Palmer, one or the other teachers, actually the one who started the Cardid es todo, was giving me a hard time about really needing to not mess around, which he was totally kidding. It is funny people have this idea that I can do no wrong. But I know other wise, hehehe. I am trying to be the best example I can be by following my Saivor!

Yes, I have another quote from me that my district will not let me live down. "Soy Buddha". I am Buddha. I was being am investigator and was trying to tell the class I was Buddhist and well ya I said I am Budda. hahaha

So we had a good week of teaching and learning. But wow this week is our last week being taught by our teachers. Muy triste. Then next week is for us to go teach as much as possible. Dos mãs semanas. We will probably get our flight plans this week!

This Fast Sunday was awesome! Domingo del ayuno. We had a great Mission Conference. All of the speakers spoke about putting our lives in his hands. Keep our Spiritual vision clear, Endurance, Patience and accepting the Lord's will and timing. Endure delays, trouble, opposition, suffering and affliction with hope that the Lord will bless and guide. I looked back on my running experiences. One run in particular. At the end of the week of being at Running Camp our coach sent us out on one last run. We were to run on a Ranger trail that went down into a valley then came up on the next mountain. We would reach a Ranger Station at the top of a huge hill. I can remember being tired, alone, frustrated and losing hope. When I got to the Ranger Station I was so excited but I knew that I had to go all the way back. I enjoyed the moment and view then headed back on the long trek back. It was very difficult but I met a friend on the way back and together we pushed each other to the end. Wow, I really can visualize a lot of that trail. I really believe that many of my running experiences have taught me patience. I know that I am not perfect but I can try. One step at a time with my Savior's help! We have to stick to it and don't get off track.

The President of the MTC, Pres. Smith, said we can shake hands now! Woot Woot. My first hand shake was with Bro. Harris. And I made sure to shake Johnny's hand. President Smith also taught us more about grabbing on to that rod of iron (the word of God) and never letting go for anything or anyone. I plan on clinging to the rod and pressing forward.

Later that night we had another great Fireside. I liked a quote fro Bruce R. McConkie “Save your own soul.” We need to first be converted before we will be able to convert others. Be the first partakers of the fruit.

This week has just been great. I love you all so much. Tell all the family I love them too. I know that this letter will be coming later this week but I really don't know what or if there is anything I need before I go to Panama. We talked to a teacher here that served in Panama and he said that you could pretty much get any kind of food their. He also said the water is pretty good. He did tell me about scarey tarantulas in the huts on the islands. I hope I don't run into those.

Love you, Love you, Love you,

Hermana Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment