Monday, July 5, 2010

Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:25 AM

So here is what´s happening here this week:

This last P-day I went shopping a little and sent some fun stuff home. I hope it gets there. I am guessing my last package never made it or is lost somewheres hehe. But ya this week has been different. Because of all the rain and sun then more rain EVERYBODY is SICK!!!! but me. I did feel really weird for one day with headaches, stomach pain, and chills for one night, but I think that was a mixture of a weird smoothie I made with milk, bananas, peanut butter, corn mix, cinnamon, and pineapple. The pineapple is what made it nasty!!!! I found out that milk and pineapple don´t mix well without ICE. So ya I have been avoiding milk and pineapple and I am feeling a lot better. But the rest of Panama and my companion has the flu with real bad sore throats. I have been taking my vitamins and eating my veggies so I think I am good.

So we are doing what we can do. Lately we have been sharing little messages with all the members that we eat with and have had some real cool experiences. There was one family with little kids that we did a little activity and I shared the talk by Elder Bednar about what we can do in the family to assure spiritual strength in our children. Hermana Pitti was like, You missionaries always know what we need. Really we are guided by the spirit to teach Gods children. I know it is true that everyone needs the Gospel. And as we are teaching Gospel principles it is what the people need. You can never go wrong with the Gospel. I love this work.

We have been making closer bonds with the members and they like talking to us a lot but the other night we had a really cool experience. Hermana Dalton and I were walking home last night and there was this drunk man in the road walking in front of us, so we were walking slower behind him to avoid him. But later he turned around and started trying to talk to us. It was like mmm so what do we do cause we didn´t want him following us to our house and stuff. So I saw a members house close and I just crossed the street and said "chao" and he keep walking on all confused. So we were just going to wait for him to leave but we decided to knock and visit the Hermana Miranda. She was just studying her scriptures and was getting ready for bed, but we had the coolest chat about her conversion, stories about her family, the Temple and man she is just so awesome! I am so glad that we visited her. Man the people here have so much faith. I am learning so much about faith. So never think that you don´t have something to share with others. We all have a special testimony
that we should share!!!!!

I love you guys so so so much! I can´t wait to be able to show you all my cooking skills! I am learning poco a poco with the members here! I love Pataconies!!!! (fried plantains) But I love you guys more!!!!!! hehe Big Hearts!!!!

Con Amor Hermana Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment