Monday, May 23, 2011

Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Man that was a long email, hahaha. But I loved the video clip, haha. (we sent her a clip from Toy Story 3 of Buzz Lightyear and Jessie dancing to a Spanish edition of "You've Got A Friend In Me") Hay un amigo en mi, haha! Love it!

I loved hearing your stories for the week!


Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Oops, I sent the email to soon.

This last week we found out that Hermana Torres and I will be together for one more change making this my 4th change here and I will have 6 months in Tocumen.

This last week we did a service project were we cleaned up the yard of investigator. Here are a few pictures of before and after.

Man, I just have to tell you how happy I am right now. We had the most awesome experience last night. So it was Sunday and we were looking for investigators but no one was home. As we were walking my companion said "how about we stop by the Clenes house." We had just meet her this last week and we were trying to find her this weekend. It was late but we went. As we walked up to her house she was outside with lots of people and I kind of thought maybe they were drinking but we thought that we at least go bye to say hi. Everyone was quiet but a guy invited us over. We came up and asked, "How are you?" She told us, "Bad." Then we asked what happened, and she responded, "My husband died this morning." Ooh man. We didn´t really know what to do but talk a little bit with her. Her friends got up and offered their chairs next to Celenes. I sat down and was listening to her talk to her family. My companion felt uncomfortable and wanted to go but said, "before we go lets do a prayer." When I asked Celenes she said yes and gathered the family and friends around, and I started the prayer. I really didn´t know if I could say the appropriate things but I asked for peace to be with her, that her family and friends would support her and that they should all remember to look for God and that he is here for them. During the prayer I could hear people crying and sniffling. When we finished I looked up and all the kids had come to join the prayer and everyone was together. It was so interesting and I know that they felt the spirit of peace and the Love of God. Man, I know that we were guided to the house of Celenes just in the right time when she needed to feel the love of God. I know that God leads his servants in his work.

I love you so so much.

Chao,

Hermana Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment