Monday, January 10, 2011

Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM

So this week has been pretty cool. We had a really fun P-day where I got everyone to play baseball!!!!! That was cool and everyone enjoyed themselves. Then later we had our Zone Gift Exchange! I had Hermana Cluff and Hermana Dance had me. Then we had our Zone Conference at the Mission President's House. Hermana Ward made us breakfast and lunch. Yummmmy! We had Meat Loaf and Cheesy Potatoes with homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese icing!!!! Super good! I sat next to President Ward and he was asking us Sisters if we knew of any areas big enough to put more Sisters for one change. This next change, which is on the 12th of January, we are getting 5 new Sisters. President Ward was thinking of having us share our area this next change. I told him to think and pray about it, hehe. I don´t want him to get hasty, haha. So we will see. A lot of Sisters like asking President Ward about what is going to happen, give their two cents to get on his good side, and to know the gossip of the mission. But I really don´t care, I don´t what to mess with fate or revelation. Haha, plus I believe that Pres loves me enough to take good care of me. hehe. So that was a great Conference, just our Zone with the President and the APs. We learned a lot about how to form good/inspired questions. But when we went to leave there was so much Holiday traffic that it took all day for us to get back home.

I am sending a few photos for you all. Here is a picture of a cool Rainbow in our area. Here is a picture of a interesting Nativity scene. Here are some pictures from the Zone Mission Christmas Party: Pic 1   Pic 2   Pic 3   Pic 4. Here is a picture from our Sisters Christmas Eve Sleepover. This a picture of Doris with some of her grandkids before her Baptism. And this is a picture from our Zone Conference that we had at the Mission Home.

So we are back on the hunt to find new investigators. The grandkids of Doris are awesome and progressing well. The oldest boy, Felix, loves the Book of Mormon and he is already on chapter 16 of First Nephi. He is a super wizz! So we are now working with Felix's parents to get them to come to church with Doris and the other grandkids.

We had some awesome lessons this week. One with the Zone Leaders and the Familia Jaen, then with our Menos Activos (Less Actives). I don´t know if I have mentioned Sacha Quintero in my emails before but we made a deal with him that if he would bring his neighbor (Elena, one of our investigators) we would buy him a Cheesecake! He was reluctant at first but he followed through. It was so awesome to see the whole familia Quintero and Elena at church. Other Menos Activos came too! It was just an awesome Sunday!!!!!

I love you guys soooooo much! Keep me in your prayers and I will too. haha love ya!

Ooooo Today we get to go to the Amador Causeway! It will be my first time there, so we will see!

Chao

Hermana Ochs

P.S. Ooooo yes and a happy New Years!!!!! How was it is the States? It was loud here... haha. Here we come 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment