Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2 Feb 10 email

So wow this week went by super duper fast! I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing... It is good! So I don't know why everyone rags on the food cause I like it a lot! But don't worry I love the gym too. I run on the track a lot and play volleyball. In gym I meet another Elder going to Panama! He has this Awesome T-shirt that has the Panama flag! He said you can get it in the Book store so I want check into getting one!

I love Choir! The director is Awesome and the music is beautiful! Johnny I mean Elder Ochs is in the choir too! This last Sunday for the Devotional we sang hymns that missionaries and the leaders liked. It was Awesome!!! Tonight we have a Devotional and Tuesday is the night where we have special vistors! I just can't believe how much the spirit resides here! I really can't remember a time where I was surround by the spirit this much and this long before, besides the Temple! Speaking of Temples, The Temple is so beautiful! We get to go to the Temple today also! Happiness! We get to take temple walks up to the Temple on Sunday's too. I love all the snow still. My Companion thinks I am weird for liking it so much. But really it is so beautiful here. Maybe my feeling for the outdoors is heightened by the fact that we don't get out much, but it is truly wonderful to look out the windows and see huge snow covered mountains!!! I am really hoping that we get at least one outside gym day before we go. I don't know I told you but my planned departure date is March 23. It seems so far away but I know it will come faster than I want.

I am learning patience. And Spanish!!!! It is really is fun and challenging. Wow our first TEC was crazy! We had to pretend we were in a park and meet someone, introduce ourselves, invite them to listen to our message, then testify in Spanish. It was mmm interesting. Then we had the change to teach the first lesson. Wow I can tell you that this teaching stuff is a lot harder than I thought. Our first lesson with our fake investigator Soiarxte. It is our teacher Hermano Anderson. He is atheist, has a girlfriend in the church, and wants to know where the book of Mormon came from. That was quite the experience. He said that he has read the Book of Mormon up to Alma 30. And that he relates to Korhor the Anti-Christ. I was lost for words and I felt like I couldn't answer him correctly. In this work you really have to find the needs of the people. So I know that I have so much room to grow! I grow every time I teach. It is really hard also to just get comfortable teaching with your companion too. Cause we both have different ways to approach the subject. But we are getting there! I mean really it is the Gospel and as long as we are teaching the Gospel and following the spirit it will work out!

I got so many letters! Thank you guys so much! It really helps! They bring me comfort just at the right times! I love this work! I love my Savior and try to follow his example everyday! I know the Heavenly Father Loves me and I love him! I love you guys so much! Johnny Elder Ochs is Awesome also! I love seeing his face and his diligence! I tell him I love him every time I see him.

Wow ok that clock scares me, 2 minutes left.

I love you! Tell everyone I love them too! Le AMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment